The desire to improve the EMS system in the Peoria area was the driving force that led three Peoria hospitals (OSF Saint Francis Medical Center, Proctor Hospital, Methodist Medical Center) and other key community leaders to create what is now known as the premier provider of emergency and scheduled ambulance service for Central Illinois...Advanced Medical Transport of Central Illinois. AMTCI was established in 1991.
Part of our history includes:
CardioReviver Grant Program
- A CardioReviver is an AED (Automatic External Defibrillator)
- AEDs are portable devices used to diagnose life threatening heart rhythms, which can lead to cardiac arrest.
- The program was established to financially assist qualified organizations.
- AMT has installed 430 CardioRevivers and trained 10,161 people in Peoria, Tazewell, Mercer and Lasalle counties since 2002.
Here are some firsts from AMTCI
- First to acquire and transmit 12 lead EKGs
- First approved Critical Care Program.
- First licensed ALS water ambulance (River Medic 1)
- First to use Segways as a means to reach patients.